/dist/images/branding/favicon

Futaba FIZ/Run Stop

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Rob Weidner, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

Hey everyone, I'm looking to develop a simply FIZ control using the Movi Pro bottom plate and my Futaba 14SGA as well as run stop capabilities. I know the basics of API/Arduino/RC controllers and thinking it should be possible using one of the futaba radio's channels, into the COMM1 port on the Movi and eliminate the need of an on-board arduino. Anyone have any luck doing this or guidance would be insanely epic. I do aerial work so I need the range on the futaba, and don't want to use the mimic.

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

COM 1 on Pro and XL is reserved for MōVI type of controllers; MōVI Controller, MIMIC, Freefly API

You can configure COM 2 to use futaba by connecting to app and changing Radio Type under Dual Op configurations. COM 2 also ignores all FIZ input, meaning you cant use futaba to control fiz directly.

What you can do is use futaba as a bridge. Build a custom receiver that plugs into com1. It should receive futaba commands and convert them to API inputs to MōVI..

3. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

So I don't use any of those devices at the moment, so if I want to change my futaba to COM1 and get API access would there be any harm??

Not ideal.

That's what I was thinking. Take another sbus out on the futaba radio, go into an arduino or something similar, then into the com1 port, but this seems like it is overkill when I have a controller built in to the futaba...

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

I don't understand this question. MōVI will not accept any futaba commands through COM1. As I said, only MōVI type controllers on COM1.

seems like it is overkill when I have a controller built in to the futaba...
    • You are still fully utilizing the controller built in to the futaba. It is acting as your long range link. Then another controller (ex: arduino), can translate those into pointing + fiz commands. I don't think there is any way.

5. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

Just to clarify a bit, I'm looking to get FIZ and more reliable run stop control via the Movi API and my Futaba. The shutter on the dual operator via Sbus isn't reliable enough (have tried different end points, servo speeds etc).

6. CASCARLOS

CASCARLOS New Member

It's been quite a while since this post, I would like to know if you finally able to make the FIZ work with Futaba controller