/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi app does not seem to work with Android 7.0

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Noel Mathew, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Noel Mathew

Noel Mathew Guest

I had the unfortunate circumstance of finding this out during a shoot. After some back-and-forth with the Freefly team it looks like Android 7.0 is inoperable with Movi M15 (probably the M10 and M5 too, haven't had the ability to test them). Not sure whether they plan on updating the app but be aware before taking a new device/updating an old device.

2. Mark Reedy

Mark Reedy New Member

My brother and I just updated our Samsung S7 Edge phones to Android 7.0 and now we can't connect to the Movi M15. Just keeps saying connected/disconnected over and over. Is that the same problem you have Noel?

I hope Freefly fix it soon!

3. Noel Mathew

Noel Mathew Guest

The same. I don't believe they plan on updating. You'll need another Android device.

Hans Aguilar likes this.
  4. Mark Reedy

Mark Reedy New Member

Guess we'll just have to keep hassling them :)

Hans Aguilar and Noel Mathew like this.
  5. Mark Reedy

Mark Reedy New Member

Mine is a WiFi problem. I know my WiFi is set to 'Always on' so it's not that. I will test a network reset soon.

6. Noel Mathew

Noel Mathew Guest

Mine is WiFi too. Wifi is set to "always on". Will try the other steps soon.

7. Hans Aguilar

Hans Aguilar New Member

I preferred bought my Movi M15 because we (USERS) are paying the software support and capabilities! and I can't use my M15 because you don't make a Android 7 update??? what a crap!!! I want to return my M15 and buy a Ronin because they don't have this stupid app problems! I don't gonna buy a iPhone to make my m15 work as it should do in Android! am very Angry!!!!

8. Noel Mathew

Noel Mathew Guest

I understand the inconvenience, I'm with you, but I can tell you that this inconvenience is not worth abandoning the Movi over. Trust me, I came from the Ronin. Freefly is still a small company and they have to allocate resources to what is important and the Movi Pro is it. They haven't abandoned us altogether but it might honestly not be worth updating the app on several fronts.

It is an amazing feeling to use a piece of gear you trust. Get an old Android tablet or phone for cheap and enjoy the Movi.

9. Hans Aguilar

Hans Aguilar New Member

ok, I understand that Freefly its not a big company, but they offer a product that it say that works fine in Android and iOS it must to do it right? but I see that they don't have time for their costumers, don't give me any solution like make a updated APP.

I see that Freefly don't care about users like me we trust in them buying his products.

I own a Galaxy S8+ and a Galaxy S7 Edge, and FREEFLY web page say: "The Freefly App is a GUI that give yo control of your MOVI via iOS, Android, Windows or Mac OS X device." they offer that the app is for Android "Obviously that the current version" am tired of borrow an iPhone to make my more than $5000 investment when it supports to work fine with Android 7!

[​IMG]

10. Mark Reedy

Mark Reedy New Member

I see an app update eventually got made so wifi would work os Android 7.

Now that I have a new phone that has Android 8 Oreo, it won't connect again. Guess it will be another year before a fix :(

11. Mark,

If you are having an issue using the app, we ask that you please contact support@freeflysystems.com. That way you can provide us with specific details on what you are experiencing, since we have not had any other reports of Android 8.0 having issues.

Again, the email is support@freeflysystems.com

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  12. Pieter van Roijen

Pieter van Roijen New Member

I also can not connect to the Mövi (M10 that is) with my Android 6.0 phone. The phone sees the M10 wifi SSID and connects with it ,
    but the app itself does not connect with the M10. My colleague who has an iPhone 6s has no problem connecting. I used not only the Mövi app, but also the Mövi pro app and the legacy app.

Btw, the Mövi Pro also doesn't connect to my phone by Bluetooth.

#13 Pieter van Roijen, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018