/dist/images/branding/favicon

someone with a PC who can read the data?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Rolf Ableiter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

solved by freefly :)

#1 Rolf Ableiter, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. Rolf Ableiter

the upload of the file failed.
    i now attached it as a zip file and hope this will work...

Attached Files:

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Rolf: Do you have a Mac (if not a PC), if so, you can open the CSV (comma separated variable) file with Microsoft Excel or Mac Numbers, or any equivalent.

I'll have a quick look at the file and see if I can figure out what happened, though.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Rolf Ableiter

i looked at it with textedit :)
    there are many things different compared to the previous flight.

i didn't change anything physical between these flights. i just changed the vertival hold (from 60 to 50) and the GPS parameter (for testing kinematic mode).

here is the log file of the previous flight

Attached Files:

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. I can see status flags changing in row 4,680 -- need to ask FF what the bit flags mean.
    I'll get back to you as soon as I get that info.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

If you're looking at it with Textedit, the row number in the first column is 4701. Date/time: 20170207 14:13:00

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Rolf Ableiter

4825: Max ESC Bus Current,34.7,11.9,34.4,50.0,32.0,36.9,A
    this might be because the motors did run when the ALTA was lying on the ground. the data in the previous flight is about 10A each motor...

4831: ESC Alarms,64,64,64,64,64,64,#

4861: Alarms:,257

4862: Accelerometer fail

4863: ESC / Drive fail

8. Rolf Ableiter

Andy - can you open this with the tool Tabb posted some months ago?
    this is PC only and it is much easier to see the data over time with this tool.
    i have an old notebook here but it isn't 64bit and with an old windows version. i don't think this will work with it.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'll see if I can. I confess that we're a Mac-dominated shop here so I can see if it will run under a virtualized Windows using Parallels. I seem to recall trying it before and it was upset that it couldn't find a DLL...

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

10. Rolf Ableiter

thanks Andy!

freefly will get the ALTA tomorrow in the morning and i hope they can figure everything out.
    i trusted this machine and i hope i can trust it again after the repair... so sad to see this beautiful ALTA with broken arm lying there...
    thanks to the universe that i had no gimbal and no camera underneath and no one was hurt...

Goncalo Duarte likes this.
  11. rosauro o

rosauro o New Member

12. Rolf Ableiter

thanks a lot! this is not the crash flight? it seems to me it is the flight before the crash flight?

13. rosauro o

rosauro o New Member

Here's the crash...

[​IMG]

14. rosauro o

rosauro o New Member

Expanded the end...

[​IMG]

15. Rolf Ableiter

J.Morrison:
    this is the end... :-(

okay - it's the right file...

16. Rolf Ableiter

thanks freefly for ultra professional support!
    it seems that one of the boom clamps wasn't perfectly closed. So it wasn't ALTA's fault. These are great news for me (even if it is sad to have seen it crashed) because now i know i can trust the ALTA again when i have it back from repair.
    i hope that i don't have to fly dji for to long and get the ALTA back soon :)

thanks again

Goncalo Duarte likes this.
  17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for posting that information, Rolf. I'm glad that FF tech support were able to determine a likely cause even though it would doubtless have been disappointing for you. Any idea what might have caused the clamp not to be fully latched (other than "operator error" :) )

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

18. Rolf Ableiter

Hi Andy,

i don't have any idea about it. I always check everything before i take off the ALTA. But humans are humans and so there is the ability that i didn't check it right. In all my years (maybe 15) of rc flying i had several crashs with planes and with Helis and there is always a blackout about the flying time window and i couldn't tell what went wrong. When you look at the parts you can't tell anything because you will not know whether they were broken because of the impact on the ground or because they broke in the air.
    looking at the ALTA it is quit the same. but all the clamps are perfect. none of them is broken. all the props are damaged because the turned when the ALTA was lying flipped on the ground. you can't tell whether they are broken because they had contact in the air or not.
    but all the data tells us, that they did and so it is possible, that i didn't close one of the clamps (even when i don't think that i did).

at the day of the crash i wanted to test the orbit mode. after the first flight (without gimbal) i brought the ALTA back to the office (i flew outside our office on a parking place) and noticed that i didn't activate the orbit mode in the app.
    so i changed this, took the ALTA and went out to test it again. i remember that i had the ALTA unfolded when i went out...

but the important thing is: it seems that it wasn't a malfunction of ALTA and so i am looking forward to get it back home and to work with it like i did before :)
    the best thing: after the repair it is checked and in new condition.

so again: thanks FF for the professional support!
    when you loose a dji copter you will never nearly know what happened to it. if you use a big copter out of parts from different companies they all are not responsible for the crash :)
    so this is one of the reason to work with freefly even if there are systems out there wich can do this or that "better" than the ALTA.

19. Goncalo Duarte

Goncalo Duarte New Member

hello I am a new user of Alta, and i was reading this post, and is always good to understand what happens before to Rolf and he's Alta so we can also protect ur self's. So I would like to know, how and with software you did open the file to see all that you show as there?
    thanks
    goncalo duarte

20. rosauro o

rosauro o New Member

>>> Go here <<<