/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI XL and FlowCine Black Arm

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Dylan Law, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Dylan Law

Dylan Law Member

Hey All,

Just wondering what people are planning on for Vibration Mount Size #2 or #3??

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

2. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi Dylan. I'm the testes of the
    Hi Dylan. Im currently beta tester of some of the Flowcine products. I been testing the new Tranquilizer antivibration mount. Can say that is a huge improvement from traditional wire mounts. There is a new Tranquilize XL on the way as well as a Dual Black Arm options that fits the needs for big setups. No matter that. Black Arm with dual springs can handle 64lb and regular tranquilizer with 60A shore duros fits the needs for MoVI XL as well. I dont understand what you mean with #2 or #3 so dont know if this helps you. Let me know any doubts or questions you have about Black Arm.

Any questions about how to rig, calibrate Black Arm or prep tranquilizer for different kind of jobs I will glad to help or guide you about the process.

Best

Jan Schuster likes this.
  3. Grant Appleotn

Grant Appleotn New Member

Hi Juan,

Do you perhaps know the weight ranges the tranquilizer XL and Dual Black arms will be able to handle, also when will these products be available to order? Im ordering the Movi XL system but I would also like to use other various remote heads with the arm. Would you recommend waiting for these new products to become available?
    Thank You,
    Grant

4. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Tranquilizer XL and Dual Black around 64Kg (128lbs). Maybe announced at Cinegear. Check Black Arm extention block also ;)

5. Jan Schuster

Jan Schuster New Member

Hi Juan, I've been seeing a lot of car/truck rig setups that utilize roof racks as a mounting point for stabilization pipes. Then I came across this picture of the Ram truck with just a front hitch, high hat and some ratchet straps. (see pic below) - would you recommend this Ram setup or should I be utilizing the roof mount points for extra stability?

I also like the fact that the height of the pole can go much higher than the truck roof which is ideal if needed.

Thanks for your help
    FullSizeRender.jpg

6. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

I definitely recommend to use more points of connection. Use truck roof. There is something called resonance that will affect that kind of setups. Once get more high the problem will become more evident. Black arm with Tranquilizer can manage that but you get the best of the system if you use more points.

Take this as an examples: Photo 1:
    Truck is good but we have short time to add more points. That's a good start anyway.
    Photo 2 and 3:
    Polaris here is a good example as perfect grip technique for this jobs. I'm not only uses many point but also a lot of bars in parallel and cross.

From photo 1 to 2 and 3 all works from nice to real good. You can use the grip style on your photo but if you want to get the best this are good examples I can show you. For MoVI XL definitely try to go like polaris example.

Attached Files:

#6 Juan Lima, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Jan Schuster likes this.
  7. Jan Schuster

Jan Schuster New Member

Thanks Juan,

I had a feeling that more mounting points would be better for stabilization. I just saw that Ram post and thought maybe there's an easier solution.

I do agree that more bars for mounting points and stability is ideal. I guess that's what I need to look at... I haven't used a black arm yet but am looking at what it takes to get into it.

What if the main bar went above the supporting roof bars (ie no support above the black arm only lower) Would that create unwanted vibration as well? I'm just thinking for shots where you'd want to be 10ft+ in the air..

8. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Black will do the job that way but you will get a lot of resonance to solve as well a lot of stress over that bar. I will don't recommend go that way. More high you go better structure you need for a good and safely job ;)

9. Jan Schuster

Jan Schuster New Member

10-4. I figured as much, just wanted to confirm. Appreciate all the help. I will message you with more questions in the future I'm sure!

10. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Here for help

11. Constantine Tyrintzis

Hello guys. For the Movi XL users we are coming out with the very new Dual Black Dragon which will be shown at IBC 2017. The dual Black Dragon, is a 4 axis dampening device that acts for vertical, roll, tilt, and side to side motion errors . The vertical action is taken care of 2 vertical Black arms and can work for capacities up to 70kgr more or less. The dampeners we use on the Dual Black dragon are custom made high grade stronger dampeners and the structure is bullet proof.To match the exceptional performance of the Dual Black Dragon we also have the new Tranquilizer XL which will be also shown at IBC.2017. People who already have the black arm will be able to upgrade to the Dual Black Dragon so they can use it for their Movi XL and other gyroheads. Picture and specs will be posted after IBC 2017. Expect to see something you aint seen before. Regards.

Juan Lima and Graham Futerfas like this.
  12. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

13. Marian Duca

Marian Duca New Member

Hi Juan
    Beside the 60 shore do you add also Pan barrel 50? the 30 ones looks very weak on my tranquilizer..when XL autotune come sound like chimes a lot
    Also if so used with Black arm have an question for you, for XL have to add the extender on arm in order to avoid ghimbal to knock into the pipe support, there is any reason to mount the extender in front of the arm? looks to me more normal to put the extender more to pipe side so on will avoid more pressure on arm springs...
    Thanks in adavance
    m

Juan Lima likes this.
  14. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi Marian.
    The force on the springs are the same adding extension before or after the bones. However adding them before doesnt help the pan axis from crashing into the bones when the arm booms up.. Shore 50 on pan barrels for XL is recommended as shore 30 are for smaller gimbals as MoVi Pro ;)

Marian Duca likes this.
  15. Marian Duca

Marian Duca New Member

Hi Juan
    First thanks a lot for your answer, really appreciate it, I was assuming so about Pan barrel, lately few of the screws connecting links on pan barrels' became loose, maybe the Flowcine guys forget to use loctite on..:) ,about the extensions: adding an extension in front of the spring will throw forward the weight of the load onto! according to simple law of Physics, take an weight and hold it with full extended arm and after try arm bend.. will feel the difference , the extension is only made to avoid gimbal to crash into the vertical pipe support during
    ample swing on rough terrains, pan axis will not hit the bones in any circumstances either when tilt unit is completely in back positions,
    some pictures attached
    Kind regards
    m IMG_2395.JPG IMG_2397.JPG IMG_2396.JPG

16. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi Marian, extentension isnt made justo to avoid to crash with pipes. I talk regularly (if not daily) with Peter and Konstantinos. Is designed to give a lot of room to avoid damage in many circumstances. If you follow Flowcine with regularly you will find that XL products is in the process. The correct way to this date is to use extensions at the front. I being in many hard roads extreme shots and gear performs different than in controlled scenarios. We are talking now about a huge mass moving around. The best way is to contact Peter or Kostas at Flowcine in case to introduce a modification on what they suggest as a correct use. Officially to this date extension goes in front.

Best

17. Marian Duca

Marian Duca New Member

Hi Juan
    It was only an question why extension have to be in front, maybe guys from Flowcine can tell us all story about, barely can wait to see the xl arm revealed ,cheers

Juan Lima likes this.
  18. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Sorry if I sound rude. Wasn't my intention. Just recommend to contact them when trying to introduce a new way to skip problems they already probably studied!