/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro + RED Weapon 8K Power Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Qiushi Yu, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Qiushi Yu

Qiushi Yu New Member

Hi guys,

I am using a red weapon on a Movi Pro. It seems the camera do not function when using the DSMC2 red Touch 7'' monitor.

Does anyone had a similar issue before? Please help.

The Setup:

Camera: Red Weapon 8K Helium Sensor

Monitor: DSMC2 Red Touch 7.0’’ LCD

Monitor Cable: Wooden Camera Male Pogo to Female Pogo LCD/EVF Cable

Video Transmitter: Teradek Bolt Pro 300 3G SDI Transmitter

Follow Focus: DJI Follow Motor

Gimbal: Movi Pro

Issue:

The Camera does not function when the monitor is attached. All cables were all good (including monitor cable). I have tried to take the red monitor off the camera and then put it on MoVI Pro. Everything works just fine. Maybe is the Voltage issue?

Q

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

3. Qiushi Yu

Qiushi Yu New Member

Thanks for your reply. Besides changing to a smaller monitor. Any solution for this problem so far?

4. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

Movi Pro is capped at 8amps total draw on the three MoVi Pro P/D-taps

5. Jake Wilganowski

I have a magnesium weapon 6k. I power it with the movi pro camera port. I run the accessory port on the sled to a rtmotion lattitude sidekick. The sidekick has a 2-pin Leno power out, I feed power from this to a cinegears ghost eye 150m wireless transmitter. I run the 7" touch via the movi cable. No issues.

Brandon Obey likes this.
  6. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Not sure what all PTAP are maxed at 10amp, the Lipos can output 10x this no problem. I love Freefly products but they all seams to have zero over head.

M15, never could do 15lbs when moving at reasonable speed
    Alta 6 & 8 are under powerd for their payload capacity
    MPro power can't power much more than camera... rainspinner & Paralinx have issues, the Lipo have enough to power much more.

7. GavinAsh

GavinAsh New Member

My first shoot with our new Movi Pro was with an 8K Epic W (Cooke S4i mini), 7" RED touch monitor, Paralinx HDMI Wireless and Redrock wireless follow focus all powered from the movi Pro batteries. Had no problems at all and it seemed to run for 45mins-1 hour for each set of 2 batteries

Brandon Obey and Graham Futerfas like this.
  8. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

For us we have to power almost everything through the six amp 12 V (Red/Alexa/Tomahawk/Rainspinner) & MDR on one auxiliary 12 V & Semote on the other. The other auxiliaries won't even power the Tomahawk ?

Would be great if all of them were six amp :)

9. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Could you provide pictures of you setup? What DTAP cables are you using?

10. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Could you also provide pictures of your setup? Also, what brand of DTAP cables you using?

11. Aaron Marquette

What cable are you guys using to power your REDs? I had the same erradic touch screen & camera lock-up with 2 different Wooden Camera P-Tap cables powering from MOVI PRO TSU CAM Port. As soon as we switched to a block battery, the RED booted again. Panavision Woodland Hills' Sr. HD Tech said 'REDs don't like inconsistency-voltage spikes or drops' -eluding to a power issue on the TSU or WC Cable?.

I've been dealing with a bunch of TSU problems since my 1st MPro job in January '17 so it's in for service now.

Brandon Obey likes this.
  12. David Mangum

David Mangum New Member

Jake, you run the 7inch touch w the Freefly Lightweight lcd/evf limo cable?

13. David Mangum

David Mangum New Member

Gavin, what cable you use to run the 7 inch touch? and do you have mimic control when running the 7 inch touch?

14. David Mangum

David Mangum New Member

Thanks Adam!, cable ordered. I have been using the REDS cable and its STIFFNESS is an issue, hopefully the FREEFLY boys can come up w a lightweight cable that will power the 7'' monitor!!

15. Michael Rosenberg

Michael Rosenberg New Member

Any developments on this front? We just received our new Movi Pro and initially set it up trying to power everything from the internal Movi batteries. We're running a Weapon Helium with the 7.0" Touch, plus an ikan follow focus module running from the second DTAP port. The monitor was running from the side port with a Wooden Camera pogo to pogo cable, which we often do with absolutely zero issues.

We purchased the RED Power cable from Freefly when we purchased our unit, and the camera exhibits the extremely strange behavior as reported here. We were many times unable to get the monitor to come to life, and on one occasion that we were able to - a large horizontal purple line appeared atop a frozen screen and the entire camera froze.

I gotta say - extremely disappointed by the this discovery and the seemingly common reoccurrence of it amongst you all here. Not what I was expecting from this product and may require us to reconsider while we're in our return window.

Anyone been able to get an official answer on this from Freefly or been able to get this fixed?